Lee's Summit Homeowners' Helpful Guide To Effective Spider Control
When it comes to keeping spiders away from your home, there are a few simple steps you can take. It's important to know which species of spider you are dealing with to determine the best course of action to keep spiders away. If you find yourself in need of additional help, the most effective results will be realized through professional pest control in Lee's Summit.
Characteristics Of Common Spiders
Lee's Summit is home to several different kinds of spiders, most of which are harmless, with a few exceptions. The most common types of harmless spiders found in Lee's Summit include:
- Wolf spiders are large ground-dwelling spiders that can be easily identified by the distinctive patterned markings on their backs. These spiders hunt for prey among plants and foliage.
- Jumping spiders are small arachnids that have distinctive markings on their backs and large front eyes. These spiders usually hunt for prey using their speed, jumping ability, and sharp vision.
- House spiders are small and can be identified by the distinct patterned markings on their backs. House Spiders spin webs within the walls of homes to catch food and hide from potential predators.
- Daddy Longlegs have long, thin legs and are gray to brown, with banding markings. They prefer areas like basements and crawl spaces.
The few dangerous spiders found in Lee's Summit include Brown Recluse, Black Widow, and Hobo spiders. If you encounter any of these types of spiders, it is best to contact a professional pest control service for assistance.
Most Spiders Bite; Some Bites Are More Dangerous Than Others
Brown recluse spiders are the most dangerous spiders in Lee's Summit. They have a distinctive violin-shaped mark on their head and back. The bite from a brown recluse can cause serious skin necrosis (tissue death) or even systemic effects such as fever, joint pain, headache, muscle pain, and nausea. Other types of poisonous spiders include black widow and hobo spiders. Black widows have telltale red hourglass marks on their abdomen, and their bites can cause severe muscle cramps and other neurological symptoms. Hobo spiders have an orange-colored cephalothorax (the top part of their body), which is not always visible. Bites from hobo spiders can cause localized pain and swelling, as well as systemic symptoms like fever and chills. While most spider bites are harmless, it is important to avoid a bite from one of these venomous spiders that could require medical attention.
Five Naturally Effective Spider Prevention Tips
The following five steps can be taken to get rid of spiders naturally:
- Seal off any potential entry points where spiders could gain access
- Remove clutter that can provide a suitable habitat for spiders
- Use minimal outdoor lighting as it attracts insects that attract spiders
- Vacuum regularly to reduce the number of insects and spider webs
- Set up sticky traps near walls to capture them before they enter living spaces
Following these simple tips can help you prevent unwanted spiders in your house temporarily. Ultimately, you will want to call in the experts for a permanent solution.
Total Spider Control For Your Home
Mantis Pest Solutions is your best bet in Lee's Summit to rid your home of spiders. We are a family-owned, eco-friendly home pest protection company. We feature the safest and most effective products available and use an inside-out approach to pest control which ensures complete coverage of your Lee's Summit home. And we guarantee permanent results. Contact us today for a free consultation and a plan to end your spider problem.
What Mantis Pest Solutions Customers Are Saying
I have been using their service for a little over a year and it’s been great. They’re very professional and the technician’s do a thorough job.
Derek was awesome. He called about 30 minutes before the predetermined appointment time. He was right on time. He was very helpful; very professional. He asked of my concerns. After our discussion, he got to work. He left no stone unturned; very thorough inside and out. He wasn't going to leave until he knew I was satisfied. Great experience and great customer service. Thanks Derek!
Jason was very informative and polite. He took the time to tell me his treatment process and made sure I understood what steps they were taking to prevent bugs from entering my home. This is a great local company and I look forward to continuing to use their services.